Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Isaac's Legacy

 

Every mother that has sat and nursed and fed a baby knows the special time this is between a mother and child.
Once we let go of Isaac and said goodbye to him for the last time I was left with one tangible gift that was souly for him and connected us....his milk.
As uncertain and as scary as it seemed, I knew deep down inside that the milk that my was making for Isaac could help other babies that could benefit from it's life saving qualities.
 
My milk....Isaac's milk is his legacy.
 
As hard as I thought that it would be I began pumping anyway. I curled up on the couch with Isaac's blanket, his picture in front of me, the breast pump beside me.
 
As the rhythmic "woah, woah, woah" came from the pump I wondered if this was a good idea.
 
And then...
the milk, Isaac's milk began to flow!
 
It was in that moment that I realized that this IS our special time together!
 
Our time to bond, our time for just us. The amazing part is that this special time set aside each day for us can benefit other babies in need of this lifesaving milk!
Isaac's gift to this world.
 
He is here! Isaac is here through his gift of milk donation.
He is here in my heart and in the hearts of those who love him and who have prayed for him.
He is here inspiring people through his story and yet....he never even took a breath of air.
You tell me that I inspire you?!....
He inspires me!
He is SO amazing that it takes my breath away!
I am so humbled and incredibly blessed to be his mother!
 
He is my inspiration.
 
He inspires me to keep breathing, even when it hurts.
 
What a blessing.
 
I am honored that God chose me.
 
It is SO easy to see the bad when things are hard....
but it is SO amazing when you find the good in all of the sadness.
 
It is a beautiful gift that only God can show us if we let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment