Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Isaac My Little Lifesaver

I was not able to give Isaac the gift of life as a mother usually does.
Somehow he instead gave the gift of life to me.
 
When I was admitted to the hospital my blood levels were so low that the doctors were concerned that I was not going to make it.
Not only was my baby's life in danger, but now my life was as well.
This was something that until that point I hadn't considered.
Now I was faced with the fact that my four children could be left without a mother.
 
It was not my life that concerned me as much as my children's lives without me.
 
Isaac continued to hang in there though.
He hung on long enough for me to receive five blood transfusions, numerous iron infusions, and a PIC line was placed so that, if need be, they had access to give me blood, and give it to me quickly if necessary.
 
By the time Isaac was born my blood levels were up and stable.
 
 I was rushed to the  operating room for an emergency c-section but right before the doctor cut me open Isaac was born all on his own, sack and all. If I would have had to have a c-section it would have meant more blood loss.
 
The blood clot that had caused all of these issues all along came out with him measuring 11cm.
Numerous doctors had told me that it was the worst case they had ever seen. Somehow I had become the 1% statistic.
The clot caused the placenta to detach.
Somehow I was lucky enough not to hemorrhage, not to need a c-section, not to need a hysterectomy.
 
Somehow, by the grace of God, Isaac hung onto life long enough save mine.
 
I am so grateful for all of the gifts that Isaac has given and continues to show me every day.
 
When I couldn't give him life....he saved mine!
 
He saved my life and he strengthened my faith.
 
He is my son and he makes me so proud to be called his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment